Comfort food dessert right here! This Banana Cream Pudding Parfait has fluffy layers of coconut whip, crumbly bits and fresh banana pudding. This easy dessert or snack is even packed with plant-based protein. Whip up this recipe for a pretty spring dessert..
Spoon dive into a vegan, dairy-free banana pudding parfait..
Bananas are rich in potassium, fiber, vitamin B6, manganese..
This recipe is a callback to my Banana Cream Pie that I made many years ago here on the blog.
Silken tofu is the main ingredient in today’s pudding. I like using silken tofu because it has body built in, it is not sweetened at all and it is rich in plant-based protein. As I mention in the recipe, you could skip the corn starch and just let the tofu pudding sit in the fridge a while longer to firm up a bit, or use the corn starch for faster, more intense thickening. Another thickening agent: arrowroot. You could also add some melted coconut oil to create more body.
Grahams or Cookies. for the crumbly bits, you have a few options. You could use vegan grahams (if you can find them these days), regular grahams if you eat honey, or vegan vanilla or even vegan chocolate cookies. If you really want grahams without the honey, this recipe by Isa Chandra looks great: Vegan Grahams.
Creamy coconut whip on top..
This fluffy banana pudding pairs perfectly with coconut whipped cream and vanilla crumbles. Fresh banana flavor! Dairy free, vegan.
- Banana Pudding:
- 16oz silken tofu
- 1 large banana
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut milk, melted
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp corn starch (optional)
- Coconut Milk Whipped Cream (coconut milk + 2 Tbsp powdered sugar)
- Graham or Cookie Crumbles (about 1 cup)
- 1-2 bananas, sliced
- additional cinnamon for sprinkling
- (total coconut milk: 1 can, chilled overnight)
- Add your grahams or vanilla cookies to a blender and blend until crumbly. Pour into a side bowl and set aside.
- Open your chilled can of coconut milk. Scoop out 1/3 cup and place in a small bowl. Microwave that chilled coconut milk until the liquid is melted, but do not overcook. Place the can of remaining coconut milk back in the fridge.
- Add to a blender: tofu, 1 banana, cinnamon, salt, the 1/3 cup of melted coconut milk, agave or maple syrup. Blend until silky.
- You can either pour the pudding directly into a bowl and chill until firm. OR if using the corn starch (advised) – Pour the pudding mixture into a small sauce pot. Whisk in the corn starch. Bring the liquid to a low boil while constantly stirring. Then reduce heat and keep stirring until the pudding visibly thickens. Turn off the heat and keep whisking. Set aside.
- Chill the pudding in the fridge at least ten minutes before assembling your parfaits. (If you do not use the corn starch the pudding will need at least an hour to firm up.)
- Whip up the coconut whipped cream using the remaining chilled coconut milk in the can.
- Assemble! Add crumbles, banana slices, whipped cream, pudding and repeat. Sprinkle optional cinnamon on top to serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.