Pasta is an easy go-to meal that can pack a lot of flavor and nutrition. I whipped up this Rustic White Bean Tomato Sauce and served it over top veggie spirals for a fast and super yummy lunch today. This recipe is easy and simple. Serve this sauce over top any variety of pasta. You could even serve it with rice or add a few more veggies and eat it like chili, with a chunk of crusty bread on the side. I also share a few fun ways you can tweak this recipe…
I love the chunky texture of this sauce..
These white beans add fiber, protein, magnesium, iron and B vitamins.. Just to name a few!
Here are a few ingredients you could play around with to add to this sauce:
– black olives
– more garlic
– fresh basil
– red pepper flakes
– vegan sausage
– vegan cheese
-roasted bell peppers
– chopped carrots
Cheese on top. I love the Follow Your Heart Parmesan Cheese. You could also use a DIY Parm sprinkle or another cheese you love.
And this may just be me, but whenever I have a tomato-based pasta meal, I always love a dessert or after-meal treat of chocolate! You could nibble a few squares of dark chocolate with almonds, or enjoy some chocolate mouse or ice cream.
This hearty, simple and flavorful tomato sauce is packed with chunky tomatoes, white beans and a cravable garlicky aroma. Pour over top pasta to serve! Vegan and dairy-free.
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 26oz chopped tomatoes, organic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning (salt-free dried herbs)
- 1 1/2 cups white beans
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, basil or spinach
- salt to taste
- Optional: add in 1-2 Tbsp capers or black olives for another layer of flavor.
- Warm a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the olive oil and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the tomatoes, nutritional yeast and dried herbs. Simmer on medium for three minutes.
- Fold in the white beans and greens and salt to taste. Stir gently and simmer for another 3-5 minutes on medium. You want to cook the sauce until it thickens and the flavors develop. If the sauce gets too dry, reduce the heat and/or cover with a lid while simmering.
- Serve over top pasta. Add vegan cheese and red pepper flakes over top.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 02 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 08 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
- Calories: 125
Tags: tomatoes,sauce,garlic,tomato sauce,beans,dinner,entree,easy,italian,vegan,recipe,
Pin it for later..